Here is the recipe of Hot n Sour soup you can prepare easily at home. In the past, we have shared a few soup recipes making this complete the set of different flavours.
This Hot n Sour soup has become my favourite after the tomato soup I shared months ago on the blog. Perhaps this is because it has pieces of Paneer in it, but it is loved by my Son as well.
I really missed the soupy noodles after it went off the shelves and is no more available in my city, but this soup will easily replace it until I find a better (and tastier) recipe for my pre-meal crunches.
Hoping that you too will like it, below is the recipe you can follow to prepare it in your own kitchen. Try it, it’s easy.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Red chilly sauce
1. Chop all the vegetables finely. Heat the wok with oil and sauté with ginger and garlic. Stir for few seconds.
2. Add onion in the wok and fry it till translucent. Then add capsicum, cabbage and carrot. Cook it on medium flame for 1-2 minutes till raw smell gone from the veggies. Don’t overcook the veggies, because we want crunchiness in the veggies.
3. Now add beans and cook for another 60 seconds.
4. Add 4 cup of water, chilly sauce, vinegar, pepper powder and soya sauce in the wok. Let it boil.
5. Chop the Paneer into very small cubes.
6. Dissolve corn flour in 4 tablespoon chilled water in a separate bowl. When the water starts boiling, add dissolved corn flour mixture in the wok with contentious stirring with spatula. Add in chopped paneer cubes. Cook it on high flame for 3-4 minutes till the soup is thick.
7. Add sugar and salt. Cook for another few seconds. Switch off the flame, delicious soup is ready to serve, Serve hot.