Here is a recipe of Allahabadi Tahari, another quick recipe under the one pot meal for those quick times when you can’t control the hunger for long.
It’s apt bachelor’s cooking as well as good for those lazy Sundays. Whatever is the reason, we’ve got you covered.
And yes, you don’t need to dress it up if you don’t want to, :-). you are not going to Instagram it, are you?
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
|Potato||4 medium size|
|French beans||100 gram|
|Cauliflower||1 medium size|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Red chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Mustard oil||4 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Clean, wash and keep all the vegetables ready. Chop all the vegetable into small size or in 1/2 inch cubes.
2. In a wok add 4 cup of water and chopped vegetables. Cover it and cook for 2 minutes on a high flame.
3. Switch off the flame. Take out the vegetables from the wok with the help of a strainer and store the vegetable stock. don’t discard the water.
4. Clean, wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
5. Keep all the ingredients ready for masala. Heat the wok with mustard oil and temper with cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, ginger, garlic, cardamom green, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and cardamom brown. saute for a minute.
6. Add onion and green chilli. fry it till the onions are translucent in the color.
7. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and 2 tbsp water. Cook the spices for a minute.
8. Add boiled vegetables and mix it well.
9. Add the stored vegetable stock (the water in which you have boiled the vegetable) and mix it well.
10. Add salt and soaked rice.
11. Add curd and mix it well. Cook covered on a high flame till the water starts boiling, then keep the flame low and cook for another 15-20 minutes, till the rice cooked properly.
12. Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves, serve hot with your favourite salads and raita.