Here is the recipe of Ragda Patties, a famous street food from Mumbai. You can now prepare this recipe at home by following our simple and easy step by step instructions along with photos of every step.
Ragda Patties is easy to cook and is a delicious treat for everyone who loves spicy food. For people who love their meals to be clean and hygienic, they can follow the recipe to prepare it at home and enjoy it with friends and family.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-14 Minutes
Ingredients for Ragda:
|Dry White peas / safed Matar||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Green chili, chopped||2|
|Dry red chili flakes||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds , crushed||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dry Mango Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||2 tbsp|
Ingredients for Aloo Patties:
|Potato||5-6 medium size|
|Red chili powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||for shallow fry|
Other Ingredients for Garnishing:
|Sweet Yogurt||1/4 cup|
|Tamarind chutney||1/4 cup|
|Aloo Bhujiya / sev||1/4 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
1. Soak the dry white peas in enough water for overnight. Take the soaked peas into the pressure cooker, add some salt and water. Pressure cook it on a high flame for one whistle, then keep the flame low and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame. Heat the wok with 2 tbsp oil.
2. Saute with onion, fry it till it is translucent in the color.
3. Add chopped green chili, salt and tomato. Cook it on a medium to low flame till the tomato is mushy.
4. Add boiled peas in the wok, add red chili flakes, cumin powder, dry mango powder and coriander seeds and 1/2 cup of water. Mix it well.
5. Cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
6. Take the boiled potato and mash it. Add salt and red chili powder, mix it well. Divide the potato mixture into 6 equal portions. Take one portion of the mixture and make a patties in between your palm like Aloo Tikki.
7. Heat another tawa/pan with 1 tbsp oil and shallow fry the tikki on a medium flame till it golden and crisp from both the sides.
8. Put the 2 tikki on a serving plate, keep ready all the other ingredients for garnishing.
9. Put 2-3 tbsp ragda on the sides of the tikki, Red chili flakes and salt. Add some chopped onion, green chili and tomato.
10. Pour 2-3 teaspoon of tamarind chutney, sweet yogurt and aloo bhujiya/sev. Delicious Ragda patties are ready to serve, Serve hot.