I just discovered an amazingly delicious evening snack in the form on this Crispy Gobi Pakora. I know there are people who don’t count gobi among their favourite veggies, in fact, I’ve got a few in my family as well.
They would find an excuse to skip the meal if there is Gobi in it. But I saw the same people munching this as if it’s something else.
Prepare this at home by following this simple and easy recipe posted below. Enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Cauliflower||12-14 cauliflower florets|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Soya sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Corn flour||1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Food color, red||a pinch|
|Vegetable oil||for deep fried|
Clean and wash the cauliflower. In a wok, add 4 glass of water, turmeric powder, cauliflower florets and a pinch of salt. Boil it for 1 minutes.
2. Strain the water and keep the florets aside.
3. Let it cool at the room temperature.
4. Sprinkle 1 tbsp cornflour on the gobi florets. In a bowl, add cornflour, all purpose flour, ginger-garlic paste, red chilly powder, soya sauce, garam masala powder, pepper powder, food color and salt. Add water and make a thick batter.
5. Take the boiled cauliflower florets and dip in the batter to coat it properly from all the sides.
6. Heat the wok/kadhai with oil and put the coated florets in the hot oil. Deep fry it on low flame till light golden and crisp from all the sides. Fry 7-8 pakora at a time.
7. Take out the fried pakora on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. Serve hot with your favourite dip or chutney.