Here is the recipe of Buttermilk Dosa, another Dosa from ER’s kitchen. I think we now have pretty much every type of Dosa recipe covered on the blog. Thanks to my love for Dosa.
In this version of Dosa, the rice is soaked in buttermilk for a few hours before grinding. This is the main difference. Rest of the process is pretty much the same.
But in case this is your first time at making a Dosa, or you don’t remember the entire process, we’ve put easy step by step process with pictures below. Follow them and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Dhuli Urad Dal / Split white lentil||2 tbsp|
|Ghee / vegetable oil||for cooking|
|Flattened Rice||1 cup|
1. Clean and wash the rice, white lentil and flattened rice. In a bowl, add washed rice, flattened rice, and white lentil. Add buttermilk and mix it well. Keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
2. In a mixer, grind the soaked ingredients. The batter consistency should not be thick neither thin. The consistency of the batter should be like dosa (as we normally make)
3. Heat the nonstick pan, take a spoonful of batter and spread it in a circular circle as shown below in the image.
4. Spread some ghee or oil, cook covered on a low flame till the back side is light brown in the color.
5. Here the side is light brown, flip it and cook for another 30 seconds. Switch off the flame. Delicious buttermilk Dosa is ready to serve, Serve hot with your favourite chutney.