Here is a recipe of Potato Makhani you will remember for a long time. The ingredients used in this recipe are simple and can be easily found, it can be called a special recipe that can be prepared either for the guests or for the entire family.
You can also prepare it in weekdays because of the ease of preparation. The recipe has been inspired by few previously posted recipes on my blog.
Follow the easy step by step instructions along with pictures to make this super delicious Aloo Makhani at home. I am sure you will love it.
Preparation Time: 20-25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
Ingredients for potato Stuffing:
|Potato, medium size||6|
|Fried onion||2 tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 tablespoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Raisins/ kishmish||1 tablespoon|
|Almonds / badam||1 tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||for deep frying the potato|
Ingredients for Gravy:
|Cinnamon stick||3 small pieces|
|Whole dry red chilly||4|
|Kasoori methi / dry fenugreek leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Food color, red||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Peel off the skin of potato and wash it. Cut each potato horizontally as shown below in the image.
2. Scoop the Potatoes out to make Shells out of them (Keep the scooped portion for later). Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the potato shells, make sure they are cooked well.
3. Take them out of the oil and put them on a separate plate.
4. Deep fry the scooped portions of potato till it is properly cooked. Drain it on tissue paper so that it absorbs extra oil.
5. Take it in a bowl and mash it with your hands. Add coriander leaves, fried onion, red chilly powder, salt, raisins and almonds in the bowl. Mix it well.
6. Take fried Shells of the potato and fill stuffing in each of them. Keep it aside.
7. Take a muslin cloth and put cardamom green, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Tie it to make a Potli.
8. Heat the pressure cooker and add butter, cashew nuts, Potli and onion. Fry it for 30 seconds.
9. Then add chopped tomato, salt, dry red chilly and green chilly along with 1 cup of water. Close the lid and pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle, reduce the heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
10. Let the pressure settle down, and cool it at room temperature. Discard the Potli from the cooker. Take the cooled mixture in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste.
11. Heat a non-stick wok with butter and add the ground paste. Cook the spices on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
12. Add ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, food color and Kasoori methi. Cook the spices on low flame for another 8-10 minutes.
13. If the gravy is thick, add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add cream and mix it well and then add stuffed potato.
14. Cook covered on low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame, Garnish with some butter and delicious aloo makhani is ready to serve. Serve hot with chapatti and rice.