Finally the weekend has arrived, and here is my special recipe to make your weekend even more awesome. It’s the time when the whole family is home and everybody has their demands to have something delicious.
It is your chance to make something super delicious for them and turn them into your fans. This Chana Masala is a perfect recipe to do so. Just follow the easy step by step instructions and you will make something that is better than the meals available at the best food joints in your area. I guarantee you that. Just look at the pictures if you don’t believe me.
So, get started now and make your family happy. 🙂
Preparation Time: 12-16 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
|White Chickpeas / Kabuli Chana||2 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Kasoori methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ginger , grated||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic , chopped||1 tsp.|
1. Clean, wash and soak the Chana overnight. Take soake Chana into pressure cooker and add salt and 1 glass of water. Close the lid and pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle, then low the flame and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Switch off the flame.
2. Chop onion, capsicum and tomato.
3. Heat the wok with oil and temper with cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon stick, cardamom green and bay leaf. When cumin seeds start crackle, add onion and green chili. Fry it till onions are translucent in color.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes. Add tomato, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
5. Add 1/4 cup of water. Cook the spices on medium to low heat till tomato is mushy. Then add capsicum. Cook covered on medium flame for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Add curd and boiled Chana along with the leftover water of Chana. Cook covered on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
8. Add kasoori methi and garam masala powder. Mix it well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Chana masala is ready to serve, Serve hot with puri, salads and pickles.