Presenting the recipe of Vegetable Nuggets I prepared yesterday for some guests I was expecting. It was ready to consume in less than half n hour, which makes it a perfect option when you are expecting guests.
You can even prepare it for yourself as it also makes a great evening snack. Both Children and Adults will love having it.
You can prepare this at home by following the simple and easy step by step process mentioned below along with photos. Check it out.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Serving: 17-20 pieces
Ingredients for Vegetable Nuggets:
|Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed||1 cup|
|Cabbage, grated||1/4 cup|
|Carrot, grated||1/4 cup|
|Capsicum, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Paneer, chopped finely||1/2 cup|
|Green chilly, chopped||3|
|Red chilly powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|Corn flour||5 tbsp dissolved in 1/4 cup of water|
|Bread crumbs||2 cup|
|Vegetable oil||for deep frying|
1. Keep all the ingredients ready for vegetable nuggets. In a bowl, add mashed potato, cabbage, carrot, capsicum, paneer, ginger, garlic, green chilly, salt and red chilly powder. Mix it well.
2. Divide the mixture into 17-20 equal portions. Make small nuggets from each portions of the mixture. You can make round or flat shape, I prepared the nuggets in cylindrical shape.
3. Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Dissolve the cornflour in water. Now the cornflour paste, bread crumbs and nuggets are ready.
4. Take one nuggets and dip in the cornflour paste, then put it in the bread crumbs so that the nuggets can coat well the crumbs.
5. Coat all the nuggets with bread crumbs. Heat the Kadai/wok with oil, deep fry it on a low to medium flame till golden and crisp from both the sides. Fry 4-5 nuggets at a time. I fried in three batches.
6. Take out the fried nuggets from the oil and put it on the tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. Do the same with the rest of the nuggets. Serve hot with lemon and garlic chutney.