Here is the recipe of Berahi, it is basically the potatoes stuffed into the Rice flour. For those wondering how it is different from Aloo Paratha, let me tell you it’s totally different, the taste is different as well as the process of cooking is different.
There is no oil required for cooking it on the tawa and is cooked like a roti. You will find the step by step instructions along with photos below. I you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
|Rice flour||2 cup|
|Potato (boiled, peeled and mashed)||2 cup|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||1/4 cup chopped|
|Fenugreek leaves, chopped||1/4 cup chopped|
|Luke-warm Water||to knead the dough|
1. In a bowl, add flour and lukewarm water. Knead the flour well to make soft dough.
2. Cover the dough with muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. In a grinder, add garlic and green chili. Grind it coarsely.
3. Don’t add water while grinding the chili. In a bowl, add mashed potato.
4. Add ground green chili-garlic paste, coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves and salt. Mix it well. Stuffing is ready .
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and flatten it in between your palms into a circle of 3-4 inches in diameter. Put 4 tbsp stuffing in the center of the dough.
6. Close the edges in the center as shown below in the image.
7. Now flatten the stuffed dough in between your palms. Don’t roll the dough. You have to flatten it in between your palms into a circle of 6-7 inches in diameter.
8. Now the Berahi is ready. Put it on the hot tawa. Cook it on a medium to low flame.
9. Turn it after 3-4 minutes, then cook it on medium flame till it is properly cooked and light golden spots appear on both the sides. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Serve hot with your favorites pickles and ghee.