Here is the recipe of delicious Cauliflower Manchurian I prepared for my family today. I prepare to cook something for breakfast, but the amount of time it takes to cook even the simplest recipes because of taking photos of every step, is a lot.
By the time it is prepared, the family turn into hungry monsters who just want to jump into the plate and finish it off. It’s super fun to watch it.
Anyways, you will will the step by step instructions along with photos below, the preparation is easy and the outcome is super. I’m sure you will love it.
It’s a dry dish, meaning you can have it like this or even with your favorite fried rice. Fried Rice recipe.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian:
|Gobi , Cauliflower florets||2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||for cooking plus for deep frying|
|Ginger, chopped||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic, chopped||1 teaspoon|
|Capsicum, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
Ingredients for the batter to Coat the cauliflower:
|Corn flour||1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Food color (orange)||small pinch|
|Water||1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp|
1. Clean and wash the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets as shown below in the image.
2. In a wok/pan add water, salt and turmeric powder. Let the water boil, then add cauliflower florets. Cook covered on a medium flame for 8-10 minutes. Switch off the flame.
3. Strain it using the strainer, discard the water and keep the cauliflower aside. Keep all the ingredients ready for the batter.
4. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients given in the table” Ingredients for the batter”. Add water and food color, whisk it well to make the lumps free batter.
5. Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and coat it well.
6. With the help of spoon, put it in the hot oil. Do the same with the rest of the cauliflower florets. Deep fry it on a medium to low flame till it is light golden and crisp.
7. Take out the fried Gobi on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. Heat another wok with 1 tbsp oil.
8. Sauté with onion, ginger, garlic and capsicum. Fry it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add salt and corn flour paste. Let it cook on a high flame for 1-2 minutes. Then add fried Gobi.
10. Cook it on a high flame till the Gobi is dry and thickens. Switch off the flame. Garnish with spring onion or coriander leaves. Serve hot.