Here is the recipe of the delicious Keema Aloo Matar. Keema or Minced Meat is used to prepare the kebabs, we’ve shared a few recipes of kebabs on the blog.
But the Keema can also be used to prepare various other items which are equally delicious,and Aloo Keema Matar is one such recipe. You can prepare the Aloo Keema Matar easy at home by following our simple step by step recipe posts below. I hope you are going to love it.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
|Minced Meat (Keema)||200 gram|
|Mustard oil||1/2 cup|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
Ingredients for grinding:
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||Small piece, the size of black pepped|
1. Keep all the ingredients ready for grinding. In a grinder add all the ingredients mentioned in the table above “ Ingredients for grind”. Add 2-3 tbsp water and grind it to make the fine paste.
2. Peel off the skin of potato and cut into small pieces. Chop the tomatoes as well.
3. Wash the minced meat properly. Heat the pressure cooker with oil and sauté with chopped onion, bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
4. Fry onion till it is light golden in the color. Add minced meat to the cooker. Cook it on a medium flame till the water is evaporated and the meat is dry.
5. Then add ginger-garlic paste. Cook it on a low flame for another 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring in between the process to avoid burning.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
7. Add ground spices (prepared in step 1) and 2 tbsp water.
8. Add chopped tomato. Cook it on a medium to low flame till the tomato is mushy and oil shows separately.( it will take about 8-10 minutes)
9. Add potato, green peas and 1/4 cup water. Mix it well, check salt, if need adjust it according to your taste.
10. Close the lid of the pressure cooker, and pressure cook it on a high flame for one whistle, then keep the flame low and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure settle down, open cooker and add chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Aloo Keema Matar is ready to serve. Serve hot with chapatti.