Here is the recipe of Tomato Rava Upma, an instant way to enjoy a delicious breakfast in a few minutes. I shared the recipe of Carrot Rava Upma previously on the blog, this one removes the carrot and ads the Tomato making it very different in the flavour.
The Tomato Rava Upma also makes a nice item for tiffin box as it can also be had easily, plus its healthy too.
You can follow the easy step by step recipe of Tomato Rava Upma by following the simple step by step instructions along with photos of every step. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 15-16 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients for Rava Upma:
|Rava / Sooji / Semolina||3/4 cup|
|Vegetable oil / ghee||2 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds/ sarso||1 teaspoon|
|Bengal gram/ chana dal||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
1. Dry roast the rava on a medium flame till light golden in the color or nice aroma comes. Keep it aside. Keep stirring while roasting it to avoid burning, because it burns very quick.
2. Heat another wok with 2 tbsp oil, temper with mustard seeds and Bengal gram. When mustard seeds starts crackle add chopped onion.
3. Fry the onion on a medium flame till translucent in color. Now add chopped tomato, green chili and salt. Cook the spices on a medium flame till tomato is mushy and oil shows separately.
4. Add water and lemon juice, mix it very well. Let the water boil on a high flame.
5. When the water starts boiling add roasted Rava, mix it well. Cook covered on a low flame for 5-6 minutes or till the water is absorbed by rava and the Upma is dry. Open the wok and stir well. Delicious Tomato Rava Upma is ready to serve. Serve hot.