Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavoured with cardamom , fresh cream and saffron. This dish is also known as Double ka Meetha It’s simple to make and a great dessert for times when you’re in a hurry.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|White Bread||5 Slices|
|Grated Khoya||100 gram|
|Fresh Cream||2 teaspoon|
|Saffron||A few strands|
|Refined oil||deep frying for bread|
|Cardamom powder||1 teaspoon (Optional)|
1. 5 slices of white bread, crusts removed and cut diagonally into quarters.
2. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry bread slices on medium heat till golden brown, The bread fries very quickly , so take care to remove immediately before it turns black.
3. Now prepare sugar syrup.
4. Boil sugar and milk until the sugar dissolves completely – about 5 min.
5. Add saffron , cardamom and continue boiling until this is of ‘one wire’ consistency – about 4-5 min.
6. Now sugar syrup is ready.
7. Dip the fried bread into sugar/milk syrup for 1-2 min till it soaks in the syrup, Remove immediately and arrange on a serving tray.
8. Garnish each slice with grated khoya ,fresh cream and nuts .