Here is the Minion Cake we made this weekend on a special occasion. Ummmm….My B’day.
I don’t actually celebrate my B’day, but my family insisted we do a cake, my 3-year-old son loves The Minions, so, here it is.
Below is the process of preparing this cake, which is just like any other Cake you would bake, the dressing part is a bit of creative, though, we used different things to give it the look of Stuart, the one eye Minion and the cutest of all. 🙂
Follow the step by step process to prepare this at home, I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10-13 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 Minutes
|All-purpose flour – maida||1.5 cup|
|Baking Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||3/4 cup|
|Chocolate essence||2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Frosting:
|Heavy whipping Cream||1 cup|
|Powdered Sugar||3/4 cup|
|Food color||pinch of yellow and blue|
|Chocolate essence||1 teaspoon|
|Cadbury dairy milk shots||3-4|
|Melted chocolate or chocolate syrup||1/4 cup|
Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Keep it aside.
2. Take the egg, milk, sugar, butter and chocolate essence in a separate bowl. Mix it well till the sugar dissolves completely.
3. Add egg-milk mixture in the flour mixture. (Add liquid ingredient to dry ingredients and give a quick mix) Don’t overmix the batter.
4.Grease the baking pan/mould with the butter, dust with flour and pour the cake batter into it.
5. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 35-40 minutes. Insert the toothpick in the center of the cake, if it’s comes out clean, it means cake is ready. Let it cool at the room temperature then invert the cake.
6. Cut the cake horizontally into two. Spread melted chocolate on one of the cake.
7. Put the another half on the top of the chocolate. Take the whipping cream, powdered sugar and chocolate essence in the bowl, beat it with the hand blender till it is creamy and soft peaks form. Divide the cream in two parts. Add blue food color in one part of the cream and yellow to the other one, mix it well.
8. Decorate the cake with this cream.
9. Decorate with oreo biscuits, chocolate shots and outline with melted chocolate.