Here is a recipe of Rava Upma, an instant breakfast which is also very tasty. All you need to do is, get the vegetables ready, which you can do at night and keep them in the fridge so that the only thing you have to do in the morning is prepare this delicious breakfast for the family.
It’s a perfect way for the busy people to have a healthy breakfast. So finally there is a recipe for the days when you are confused about what to have, just go with this and you can’t go wrong.
Find the step by step method along with pictures below. I hope you like this one.
Preparation Time: 5-6 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-13 Minutes
Ingredients to tempered the Upma:
|Puree ghee||3 tablespoon|
|Split white lentils/ dhuli urad dal||1 teaspoon|
|Chana Dal||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds/ zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Carom seeds/ ajwain||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds / saunf||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Upma :
|Semolina / rava/ sooji||1.5 cup|
|Green peas||1/4 cup|
|French beans||1/4 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Slit green chilly||3-4|
1. Dry roast the sooji in a non-stick pan till it is light golden in color or nice aroma comes from the sooji. Switch off the flame and take out the roasted sooji in a plate, keep it aside.
2. Chop all the veggies finely as shown below in the image. Keep all the tempering ingredients ready for the Upma.
3. Add 3 tablespoon ghee in a non stick wok and temper with the ingredients given in the table “Ingredients to tempering the Upma” . Fry it on low flame till cashew nuts and Dal is light golden in the color.
4. Now add chopped onion, fry it till onions are translucent.
5. Add in the chopped veggies, green chilly and salt. Cook covered on medium to low flame for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add water and red chilly powder. When the water starts boiling, add roasted sooji in the wok.
7. Mix it well, cook covered on low flame for 7-8 minutes or till Upma is properly cooked and there is no left water in the wok.
8. Add 2 tablespoon more ghee and mix it well. Delicious Rava Upma is ready to serve, Serve hot .