Samosa is popular snacks in India. Today, I prepared Punjabi samosa with a little changes. This crispy samosa demanded by my sister. She loves samosa a lot Here is the simple recipe with step by step picture.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
For Samosa Dough:
|All purpose Flour||2 cup|
|Carom seeds/ ajwain||1/4 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 teaspoon|
|Potato (boiled, peeled and mashed)||7-8|
|Ginger paste||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||small bunch|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Chop onion and green chilli. Heat the pan with oil, sauté with ginger, garlic and green chilli.
2. Then add onion and crushed coriander seeds. Fry onions till light golden brown in color. Add coriander leaves, garam masala powder, salt, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, lemon juice and turmeric powder. cook for 1 minutes on low heat.
3.Then add mashed potato. Mix well and keep aside. Take all purpose flour in a bowl, add carom seeds, salt and oil.
4. Add water little by little and knead into a stiff dough. Keep, covered with a damp napkin, for ten to fifteen minutes. Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4″-5″ diameter circle as shown below in picture.
5. Now cut it into two parts like semi-circle as shown below in pictures.
6. Take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so as shown below in picture.
7. Here the cone is ready. Put the 2 spoon filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
8. Prepare all the samosa like this and heat the oil in a pan or kadhai , deep fry the samosa on low heat till light golden brown in color.