I prepared this pani puri at home. They are known as “golgappas” in northern India and as”poochkas” in west Bengal. Each region or home have their own version of Pani Puri, in terms of fillings. But I prepared yellow peas stuffing for puris but you can also prepare potato and sprouts stuffing for puris and dip in chilled mint flavored water and enjoy. pani puris are small balls made up of all purpose flour and semolina, rolled out into very small puris and deep fried. you can slightly crushed puri on the top and filled with boiled yellow peas, then dipped in a chilled mint flavored water and can enjoy every golgappa with your friends and family . Learn how to make Golgappa at home by following this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients For Golegappa:
|Semolina/Rava/ Soozi||1 cup|
|All purpose flour/ Maida||1 cup|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Ingredients For Water:
|Mint Leaves||1/2 cup|
|Coriander Leaves||1/2 bunch|
|Black salt||1/2 teaspoon|
|Tamarind pulp/ aamchur powder||4 teaspoon|
|Roasted cumin seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Mix semolina, all purpose flour in a wide mouth vessel. Now add warm water little by little to knead a stiff dough. The stiffness should be same as for the puris. Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
2. Now make small equal lemon/ping pong sized balls of the dough. Always covered balls with muslin cloth while making more balls. Roll out thin roti as shown below.
3. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry this roti on medium heat till light golden brown.
4. While frying, press them in the center allow them to puff up as shown below.
To Make Water:
1. Grind Coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chilies in a grinder to make smooth/fine paste.
2. Mix all the ingredients of the water along with green paste. Adjust the spices and tanginess according to taste. Refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
To Make Stuffing:
1. Take Yellow peas and soak overnight. Then boil into pressure cooker along with salt for 10 minutes. Now chopped onion and mix with boiled peas. stuffing is ready.
2. Make a small hole on a puri by tapping slowly on the crisp side. Fill some stuffing in the center along with some chilled pani prepared earlier for puris.
3. Enjoy homemade pani puri.