Here is the recipe of Kala Jaamu, one of the most requested recipes on the blog. I’ve shared a variety of sweets on the blog already and i’m loving this addition as well. I love these delicious Kala Jamun.
Prepare it at home with easy by following our simple and easy step by step recipe mentioned below along with photos, I hope you like my efforts.
Preparation Time: 12- 14 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7-10 Minutes
Serving: 12-15 pieces
|All purpose flour/ maida||3 tablespoon|
|Semolina/ sooji (optional)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Corn flour||3 tablespoon|
|Cardamom green||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cooking soda||1/8 teaspoon|
|Almond & Cashew nuts||grinded|
|Ghee||to deep fry|
|Sugar||2 cup for syrup and 1 teaspoon to add in the mixture|
|Kewra water||1 teaspoon|
|Food color||small pinch|
|Silver foil||for decorating|
1. Grate the mava and paneer separately. Now take the grated mava & paneer in a bowl and add corn-flour, all purpose flour, semolina, 1 teaspoon sugar, cooking soda and cardamom powder. Mix it well. Prepare sugar syrup by adding water and sugar in a wok and let it boil for 5-6 minutes. Switch off the flame and add kewra water to the syrup. Keep it aside.
2. Knead it well to make smooth dough. (if you are not able to make the dough from the mixture, you can add 2-3 tbsp milk) take the 1/4 part of the dough in a small bowl and add the food color and ground dry fruits. Mix it well.
3. The yellowish color mixture, we have to fill in the center of the dough. Divide the dough into 13-14 equal size portions. (Divide the stuffing mixture too in 13-14 equal portions and roll it in a cylindrical shape)
4. Take one portion of the dough and roll it in a cylindrical shape and put the stuffing (yellow mixture) in the center of the dough.
5. Mold the dough into a ball shape so that the filling goes into the center of it. Then mold the dough into the cylindrical shape again (you may wish to keep it spherical shape as well)
6. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Heat the wok with ghee and deep fry it on low flame till dark golden in the color. (Add only one dough in the oil and keep turning it while frying to cook evenly from all the sides, if you are able to fry,if it won’t break in the oil, you can fry 3-4 at a time)
7. I fried in three batches.
8. Take out the fried jamun from the oil and keep it in a plate. Dip the fried jamun in the sugar syrup. (Sugar syrup should be Luke-warm not too hot)
Note: You can keep it on a tissue paper to get rid of the excess oil
9. Let them soak for half an hour. Take out the kala jamun from the syrup and decorate with silver foil.