A healthy and tasty recipe that everyone would love. Gond is an “edible gum” that is extracted from the bark of a tree. It is available in crystal form as pearly yellowish translucent pieces of varying sizes. The bigger crystals are more expensive. Gond is a “heaty” food i.e. food that provides heat to our body.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
|Dry dates (khajur)||100 gram|
|Desiccated coconut (Copra)||100 gram|
|Poppy seeds (Khus khus):||50 gram|
|Edible Gum||100 gram|
1. Heat ghee and fry dry dates, gum, almonds, raisins, cashews, copra and poppy seeds.
2. Make sure that they are not over fried!
3. Allow the mixture to cool and then coarsely powder it.
4. Mix jaggery in water (1 teaspoon is enough) and allow it to boil.
5. Keep boiling till we get one string consistency.
6. Remove it from the stove top.
7. Now add dates /nut mixture with jaggery syrup and start making ladoos.
8. Store in airtight jars.