One can never get tired of the variety of Parathas India has to offer. Here is another one, the Chana Daal Paratha. We have shared quite a lot of paratha recipes in the past and all of them were received by the readers well. In fact, they are one of the most popular recipes on the blog.
Which tells me that they are in Huge demand. So, here comes the recipes of Chana Daal Paratha for you paratha lovers. It makes a super healthy, super delicious breakfast, you will love having it with your favourite Pickles or Curd.
Prepare this delicious Chana Daal Paratha in your own kitchen by following the simple and easy step by step recipe along with pictures.
Preparation Time: 12-16 Minutes
Cooking Time: 11-20 Minutes
|Chana Dal / Bengal gram split Lentils||2 cup|
|Whole dry red chilly||5-6|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Wheat flour||2 cup|
|Asafetida / hing||1/8 tsp|
|Ghee||for cooking the paratha|
1. Clean, wash and soak the Chana dal for 2-3 hours. Keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Take soak chana dal into the pressure cooker and add garlic, red dry chilly, turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafetida and diced potato along with 1 cup od water. Close the lid, pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle, then low the flame and cook for another 7-9 minutes till dal cooked properly. Dal mixture should be dry.
3. Cool it at room temperature. Now take dal mixture in a grinder and grind coarsely. Don’t add water while grinding the dal, because we need dry mixture for stuffing in wheat flour.
4. Take the ground mixture in a bowl and check salt. If need adjust it according to your taste. Knead the flour to make soft dough. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and roll it into a round circle of 2-3 inch diameter.
5. Put 2 tablespoon stuffing in the center of the circle and close all the ends as shown below in the image.
6. Dust with some flour and roll it like a thick chapatti.
7. Put it on the hot tawa. Turn it after 30 seconds.
8. Apply some ghee on the Paratha and cook it on medium flame till light golden spots appear from both the sides of the paratha. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Delicious chana dal paratha is ready to serve, serve hot with pickle, curd and with your favorite beverages.