Just over an year ago, I was so scared of baking that I hardly baked anything, even for the blog. It was something I wanted to learn and perfect my skills before putting anything on the blog. I even decided to take baking classes at one point of time.
But my friends and family encouraged me that I am already at a level where I can pull it Imyself. So, after one year, here we are, baking some exotic cakes in my tiny oven.
Why I am telling you this? Because if I can do this, there is no reason you can’t. Try it, you will get there in second or third try if not first.
You will find the step by step instructions for the recipe below.I hope you like this one as well.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for cake:
|All purpose flour/ Maida||1 -1/2 cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cocoa Powder||1/4 cup|
|Sugar||1 /2 cup|
|Pineapple essence||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Frosting:
|Heavy cream||2 cup|
|Cooking chocolate||1/4 cup|
|Icing sugar||1 cup|
|Coffee powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon water||1 teaspoon|
|Butterscotch essence||1 –1/2 teaspoon|
|sugar powder||3 tablespoon|
|Chocolate roll||for decorating the cake|
|Cocoa powder||2 tablespoon|
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl. Combine egg, milk, sugar, butter and pineapple essence into another bowl till sugar dissolves completely.
2. Add liquid egg-milk mixture to flour mixture and mix it well.
3. Grease the baking pan with butter and dust with flour. Pour cake batter into the pan and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 170 C for 30 minutes. Cool it on the rack and invert the cake in a plate.
4. Microwave cooking chocolate in a bowl for 1 minute. Mix well to make it smooth. Take one cup cream, smooth cooking chocolate, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup icing sugar and 1/2 tsp butterscotch essence in a bowl and beat it till light soft peaks form. Choco -cream is ready for frosting. Now we have to prepare coffee cream for frosting on the top layer of cake. Combine one cup cream, icing sugar, 1/2 tsp butterscotch essence and coffee powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon water into another bowl and beat it till light soft peaks form. Here is coffee -cream is ready for frosting.
5. Prepare coffee syrup for soaking the cake. Mix 3 tablespoon water, 3 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon butterscotch essence and 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder in a bowl and mix it well. Cut the cake into two horizontally when it cools.
6. Soak cake with coffee syrup. Sandwich with Choco-cream as shown below in the image.
7. Put half part of the cake on cream and press it with your palm to stick to each other. Now spread Coffee-cream on the the top of cake and covered all the sides of cake with cream. Decorate cake with chocolate syrup .
8. Now decorate with chocolate rolls and some crushed rolls. You can decorate the cake the things you want in your cake. Freeze the cake for half an hour to set the cream. When I was preparing the cake, the temperature was 45 C so cream was melting as you can see in the image. Butterscotch cake is ready to serve, cut the cake and enjoy.