Delicious spicy potatoes are mashed and stuffed inside bread and fried. Potato filling is sandwiched between two slices of bread and deep-fried in a besan batter. Bread pakoda is quick snack that you can enjoy with a hot cup of tea . you can see the crunchy and yummy filling inside the bread .Learn how to make Bread pakoda at home.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
|Potato (boiled, peeled, mashed)||3 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Carom seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Bengal gram flour||1 cup|
|Oil||for deep frying|
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes as shown below in picture. Heat the oil in pan, temper with carom seeds and cumin seeds. Now add chopped onion and green chili, fry till onions are light golden brown.
2. Then add tomato, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. Cook covered till tomato is mushy. Now mix this spicy mixture in mashed potatoes.
3. Cut the bread slice diagonally as shown below in picture. Spread the potato mixture on one side of the bread and then place another slice on the top of it.
4. Now take a gram flour in a bowl and mix red chili powder and salt . Add enough water to make a thick batter – which will help to coat the bread slices. Add tablespoon by tablespoon of water to avoid thin batter. You need medium consistency.
5. Dip one stuffed slice in the batter and coat both the sides as shown below in picture. Heat the oil in a kadhai/pan and drop this coated bread slice into hot oil.
6. Deep fry it till golden brown. Drop it on paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with Chili or tomato sauce.