Here is another recipe for evening snack, the Aloo Tikki wrapped inside the awesomeness of the chickpea flour, which makes the outer crust so yummy that you won’t stop after having one of the Tikkis.
Preparation is easy, just keep the ingredients handy, the process is very similar to any other Tikki that we deep fry.
Follow these steps to prepare these Tikkis in your own kitchen. I hope you and your family likes it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
|Potato||6-7 medium size|
|Coriander leaves||3 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 whole lemon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for the batter:
|Chickpea flour||1 cup|
|Nigella seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dry mango powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 teaspoon|
- Boil the potatoes. Peel off the skin of potatoes.
2. Grate it with the grater.
3. Keep all the spices ready for tiki. In a plate or bowl, add grated potato, chopped coriander leaves, green chilly and onion. Add grated ginger, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well.
4. Stuffing mixture is ready. Now prepare batter to coat the tikis .
5. In a bowl add all the ingredients given in the table above ” Ingredients for batter”. Add water and make lumps free batter. Batter consistency should neither be thick nor thin.
6. Heat the wok with oil. Divide the stuffing mixture into 8 equal portions. Take one portion of the mixture and make tikki between your palms. Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Dip the one tiki at a time in the batter to coat it evenly.
7. Put the coated tiki in the oil and deep fry it on a medium to low flame till golden and crisp from both the sides. Fry 3-4 tikis at a time.
8. Take out the fried tikis on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Delicious and crisp aloo tikki is ready to serve. Serve hot with Mint and coriander chutney.