Here is the recipe of homemade Namakpara for the kinds & adults who love to munch on something for those little hungers.
At Evergreen Recipes, we put a lot of emphasis on healthy yet variety of recipes. And to give this Namakpara twist, we added a bit of Spinach in them, so that they become Spinach Flavored Namakpara.
Preparing this Namakpara at home is easy, I’ve put the step by step pictures below so that it will be easier to follow. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|All purpose flour, maida||2 cup|
|Spinach, palak||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp plus for deep frying|
|Nigella seeds/ kalunji||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves / kasoori methi||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Clean and wash spinach leaves. Chop the spinach leaves.
2. In a broad bowl, add flour, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, dry fenugreek leaves, nigella seeds and salt. Mix it well.
3. Add 1 cup chopped spinach leaves in the bowl. Add little water at a time and knead the flour well to make the tight and stiff dough.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough, dust with some flour and roll it into a circle of 8-9 inches in diameter (like a chapati)
5. Now it looks like a Chapati or Paratha, we have to cut diamond shaped Namakpara, (shown in the image below)
6. Heat the wok/kadai with oil and deep fry the one batches at a time on a medium flame till it is light golden in the color.
7. Take out the fried spinach Namakpara on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. Do the same with rest of the dough. Delicious, crispy and healthy Namakpara is ready to serve. Serve with your evening tea.