At Evergreen Recipes, we often try to replicate the popular recipes we experience in restaurants. It has its own excitement of eating out at those places, but wouldn’t it be good to be able to make all that good stuff in your own kitchen?
So, today we try to replicate the Pizza Puff from Macdonald’s, which is one of the popular things they have in their catalog. It’s white delicious if you haven’t tried it already.
Follow this step by step recipe along with photos and prepare this tasty pizza puff in your own kitchen, The kids and everyone else is going to love it.
Do it this weekend and make your loved ones happy. 🙂
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients for cover:
|All purpose flour/ Maida||2 cup|
|Baking powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for filling:
|Capsicum, chopped finely||1/2 cup|
|Carrot, chopped finely||1/2 cup|
|Beans, chopped finely||1/4 cup|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|Oregano herbs||1 teaspoon|
|Pizza sauce||4 tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||4 teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|All purpose seasoning||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilly flakes||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 cup|
1. Sieve flour in a broad bowl and add baking powder, oil and salt.
2. Mix it well. Add little water and knead the flour to make tight dough. Cover with wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. Now prepare filling for the pizza puff. Chop all the veggies properly. Heat the wok with oil and add onion. Sauté till onions are translucent.
4. Add in carrot and capsicum. Fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium to low flame.
5. Then add chopped beans and peas. Fry it for 1-2 minutes on medium to low flame. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook it on low flame for 5 more minutes.
6. Add oregano herbs, basil, all purpose seasoning, vinegar, red chilly flakes, garlic powder, pepper powder and pizza sauce. Mix it well the spices with veggies.
7. Add in salt and tomato sauce. Cook for 1 minutes on medium flame. The mixture should be velvety texture, don’t overcook the filling.
8.Transfer the filling into another bowl and cool it at room temperature. Add grated cheese into the filling and mix it well. Filling is ready for puff.
9. Divide the dough into a 12 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and roll it like a thick chapatti. Cut the chapatti into two evenly rectangular pieces as shown in the image below.
10. Put 2 tablespoon filling on one of the rectangular pieces and cover it with the other one.
11. Seal it from all the sides using some water and press it fork as shown in the image below. Cut out the odd portions to make look good.
12. Heat the wok with oil and deep fry it on low flame till golden and crisp from both the sides.
13. Drain it on tissue paper to absorbs extra oil. Repeat the same process with the rest of the dough. Delicious MacDonald’s veg pizza puff is read to serve, serve hot with tomato sauce.