Few days ago I share the recipe of Basket Chaat, this one is similar to basket chaat have used small katori shaped cover with main ingredient for the filling being green peas. If making basket chaat feels too much of effort, then this one can be done quite easily and you will love it too.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for dough:
|Carom seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
Ingredients for stuffing:
|Green peas||2 cup|
|Chaat masala||1 teaspoon|
|Green chutney||1 teaspoon|
|Aloo bhujiya||1/2 cup|
|Tamarind chutney||for topping|
|Oil||for deep frying|
1. Combine flour,oil, carom seed and salt in a broad bowl and knead into a tight hard dough.
2. Divide the dough into a 6 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and roll it like a chapatti. Now take muffin cup and mould it into a cup using muffin cup as shown below in the image.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the katori along with a muffin cup. When the katori will turn into a light golden in color, it will automatically leave the cup.
4. Drain it on tissue paper to absorbs extra oil. Now prepare the stuffing for katori.
5. Heat the 1 teaspoon oil in a wok and fry the green peas on medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Combine fried peas, chopped onion, tomato, coriander leaves, green chilli, chaat masala, salt, green chutney, and aloo bhujiya.
6. Mix it well and put 3 teaspoon stuffing in the katori and top with some yogurt and tamarind chutney. Enjoy this peas katori chaat with your family and friends.