I love Idli, fresh out of the pressure cooker/steamer.These Steamed Rice cakes are classic and traditional for Breakfast in many South Indian households. Starting out the day munching these soft, fluffy and pillow cakes dipped in Spiced Green Chutney.
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time :10 Minutes
|Split white urad Pulses||1 cup|
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Pick, Wash And Soak rice & Split white urad pulses for 4 to 6 hours.
2. Grind Rice and split white urad pulses, now mix the grinded rice and daal together into a batter.
3. Mix salt and set aside in a warm place for 8 hours to make light batter or fermenting.
4. Idli are ready to be cooked when the batter is well fermented, heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds ,curry leaves and chopped green chillies ,stir for a minutes. Mix this Tempering into batter.
5. Grease the idle holder or pan well and fill each of them with 3/4th full of batter.
6. Steam cook idli on medium flame for about 10 minutes .
7. Serve hot with Sāmbhar or chutney.