Chana Dal is also called as Gram dal or Bengal Gram. I love this Crispy Chana Dal Pakora with a glass of drink, especially in summer. This Chana Dal Pakora is easy to make and has a unique taste. You can also enjoy Pakora with Green Chutney during Tea time. Learn How to make Crispy Pakora at home.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7 Minutes
|Bengal gram /Chana Dal||2 cup|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 bunch|
|Rava/ Semolina||1/2 cup|
1. Clean, wash and soak the chana dal for 4 hours or overnight, Drain the water and grind the dal coarsely. Don’t add water while grinding the dal, because we need coarsely ground dal for this recipe. If the dal is very finely grinded and a bit thin, pakora won’t be a crispier. take out the ground dal in a bowl. Now grind ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, green chilly and fennel seeds coarsely.
2. Add the ground spices into the dal.
3. Then add chopped onion, coriander leaves, rava and salt. Mix it well and make a small balls like (ping pong balls), flatten it with your palms. Do the same with the rest of the mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fried balls on a slow flame till golden brown and crisp from both the sides.
5. Serve hot with your favourite chutney, sauce or dip.