Here is the recipe of Bhakarwadi, one more thing you can prepare and store for those times when you feel like having something with your tea or other favourite beverage.
I came to know about this recipe from Vah Chef, he is a superman in the kitchen department, perhaps in the other departments as well, but let’s talk about the kitchen part.
In other news, Our Facebook page is about to cross 100,000 Likes. So, I am happy. It took over 2 years to reach this point, and this is the 487th Recipe. Thanks everyone for your encouragement, feedback and appreciation. I would never have been possible without your support. Thank you once again, now back to the recipe.
Prepare these super cute Bhakarwadi and keep them stored so that you always have something tasty to eat. Enjoy.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7-9 Minutes
Ingredients for the dough:
|Chickpea flour||2 cup|
|Wheat flour||1 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 tbsp|
|Asafetida/ hing||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for stuffing:
|Cumin seeds/ zeera||2 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds / saunf||2 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida / hing||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds/ white til||3 tbsp.|
|Poppy seeds/ khus-khus||3 tbsp.|
|Coriander seeds/ khadi dhaniya||1 teaspoon|
|Coconut grated||4 tbsp.|
|Salt||1/2 teaspoon or to taste|
|Dry mango powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Combine all the ingredients given in the table “ Ingredients for the dough” in a broad bowl. Mix it well with your hand, you will get the mixture like the bread crumbs. Take 3 tablespoon of this flour mixture in a separate bowl and keep it aside.
2. And add water in the remaining mixture and knead the flour well to make the soft dough. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
3. Combine all the ingredients given in the table “ Ingredients for stuffing” in a grinder. Grind it coarsely. Don’t add water while grinding it, because we need coarsely ground dry mixture for the bhakarwadi.
4. Add 3 tablespoon flour mixture in the grinder and grind it so that all the spices evenly mix with the flour.
5. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough, dust with some flour.
6. Roll it using a rolling pin like a chapatti neither thin nor thick. Make a rectangular out of it as shown below in the image.
7. Spread 3 tbsp stuffing on the rectangular sheet. Apply some water on both the longer sides.
8. Roll it starting from one of the longer sides and close it to the other longer sides. Water will help lock it so when you deep fry the stuffing won’t comes in the oil.
9. Cut it into a 1/2 inch thickness as shown below in the image. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
10. Heat the wok with oil and deep fry it on low to medium flame till golden and crisp. It will take approximately 7-10 minutes to get golden and crisp. Delicious bhakarwadi is ready to serve.