Aloo tikki is a North Indian snack made of boiled potatoes and various spices. “Aloo” means potato , and the word “tikki” means a small cutlet or croquette. It is found in almost every chaat shop or stall all over Delhi majorly and even other parts of India. It is served hot along with Saunth tamarind and coriander –mint chutney (sauce), known as Hari chutney, and sometimes yogurt or chick peas.
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 5 Minutes
|Red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mango powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chat powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Tamarind sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves||2 teaspoon|
1. Boil Potato , peeled and Mashed.
2. Mix all the ingredients well, except tamarind sauce ,yogurt ,onion and coriander leaves . Divide into 12 equal portions and make balls. Flatten each between the palms into discs.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan and shallow fry over medium heat until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
4. Drain and pat dry on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with tamarind sauce and yogurt.
6. Garnish with onion and coriander leaves.