When you are really craving for something spicy that also makes you feel filled and you have a very short time at hand, you start getting creative.
And we usually don’t do what we think to do, I did the opposite and went straight in my kitchen to find if I can really make what I am thinking of and 15 minutes later, I had this recipes prepared for my evening snack.
Follow the step by step recipe I’ve posted below and make your evening more enjoyable.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Ingredients for Filling :
|Potato ( Boiled, peeled and mashed )||1 cup|
|Carom seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Bread slices||6 piece|
Ingredients for Batter :
|Chickpea flour||1 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Heat the oil on tawa and sauté with carom seeds, chopped onion and green chilli. fry it until golden brown in the color.
2. Add fried ingredients and salt in the potato and mix it well. Now add chopped coriander leaves.
3. Put 2 teaspoon filling on the bread slices and spread it. Cover it with the another slice of bread. Cut the bread slices into four pieces as shown below in the picture.
4. Take flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Add small amount of water to make the batter. Batter consistency should not be thick nor thin. Take the bread tukda and dip in the batter to coat the batter from all the sides.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai and deep fry the bread tukda from all the sides till golden brown in the color. Bread tukda is ready, serve hot with your favourite sauce.