Here is the recipe of Veg Pizza, looks delicious? Yes, it was super delicious. Everyone in the family loved it.
I’ve shared quite a few pizza recipes on the blog, but this one is special, why? I am glad you asked. It’s the Pizza I prepared in a Pressure cooker and used homemade pizza sauce, as well as the homemade Pizza base.
Our Cake in a Pressure cooker recipe was a super hit, and that made me think about creating another recipe that can be prepared using a simple utensil such as the Pressure cooker.
Follow the easy step by step process to prepare this delicious Pizza in a pressure cooker. I hope you will love this one as well.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Serving: 2 pizza medium size
Ingredients for Pizza Base:
|All purpose flour/ maida||1.5 cup|
|Luke warm water||3 tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
Ingredients for Topping:
|Pizza sauce||3 tbsp|
|Mozzarella cheese, grated||1 cup|
|Capsicum||2 tbsp chopped|
|Oregano herbs||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilly flakes||1/8 teaspoon|
|Butter, cubed||20 gram|
1. Take Luke-warm water in a bowl, add yeast and sugar. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes till foam appears as shown in the image below. Take the flour, vegetable oil, salt and yeast mixture in a bowl, mix it well. Add water (little at a time) and knead the flour to make a soft and stiff dough.
2. Take the dough in a bowl, cover with a transparent polyethylene and keep it in a warm place till the dough gets double in the size.
3. Here you can see the image (dough gets double sized after 2 hours). Knead the dough again for 1 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
4. Take one portion of the dough, dust with flour and roll it like a thick chapatti using the rolling pin. (you can roll the dough as much as you want the size of the pizza base, thickness should be 1/2 inch approximately)
5. Transfer the rolled dough on the aluminum foil and cover it with polythene. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes. Dough will rise again.
6. Then spread pizza sauce (I used my homemade pizza sauce, recipe here) evenly on it. Sprinkle 1/2 cup grated cheese.
7. Put paneer cubes and onion as shown in the image below.
8. Then put capsicum, sliced tomato and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle thyme, red chilli flakes and oregano herbs. then put butter cubes.
9. Heat the pressure cooker on high flame for 5 minutes before putting the pizza. Put any aluminum or steel stand at the base of the cooker in which you have to put the pizza along with the aluminum foil. Don’t put the pizza directly into the cooker, because we don’t need to add water so be careful, always put something at the base under which the steam can pass, So your pizza will not burn. Put the pizza along with the aluminum foil in the pressure cooker, remove the whistle from the cooker.
10. Close the lid of the cooker. (Remove whistle from the cooker because we don’t need to give whistle for the pizza)
11. Cook it on high flame for 4-5 minutes, then low the flame and cook for another 18-20 minutes. You can check in between the process to avoid burning it. Switch off the flame. Take out the pizza from the pressure cooker.
12. Here you can see the image, pizza is properly baked and cooked.