Variety is the spice of life thy say, and this is exactly what we try to do at Evergreen Recipes. Making a lot of recipes with different tastes and making those recipes easier for you to prepare in your own kitchen.
The Green Peas stuffed Kachori, is a delicious breakfast loved by everyone. You can follow the step by step instructions along with photos of every step. I hope you will enjoy this one as well.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients for the dough:
|All purpose flour||2 cup|
|Clarified ghee||3 tbsp|
|Salt||1/2 teaspoon or as per taste|
|Water||to knead the dough|
Ingredients for the stuffing:
|Green peas||2 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp plus for deep frying|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Chat masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 teaspoon or as per your taste|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Roasted chickpea flour||1 tbsp|
1. In a broad bowl, add flour, ghee and salt. Rub it with your hands so that the ghee and salt mix it well. Add water and knead the flour well to make soft and pliable dough.
2. Cover it with the wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
4. Now prepare the stuffing for the kachori. Boil green peas for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Strain it using the strainer. Now cool the boiled peas at the room temperature. Take the peas in a grinder and grind it coarsely.
6. Heat the pan with 3 tbsp oil and sauté with cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ginger and green chili.
7. When the cumin seeds starts crackling, add ground peas. Mix it well.
8. Add chat masala, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix it well and cook it on a medium flame till the stuffing is dry (for 2-3 minutes). Switch off the flame. Add roasted chickpea flour and mix it well. Stuffing is ready, now let it cool at the room temperature.
9. Take one portion of the dough and roll it into a circle of 2-3 inches in diameter, put 2-3 teaspoon stuffing in the center of the rolled dough and close the edges at the center as shown below in the image.
10. Dust with some flour and roll it again into a circle of a 3-4 inches in diameter. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
11. Heat the wok/ kadai with oil and deep fry it on a medium flame till it is golden and crisp.
12. Take out the fried kachoris on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. Delicious Peas kachori is ready to serve. Serve hot with pickles and with your favorite potato gravy.