Here is the recipe of delicious Golden Pockets filled with Cabbage and Paneer as the key ingredients. These little pieces of awesomeness are golden in color, hence the name.
Perfect to have with your evening tea or to search your guests, it’s easy to prepare as well, just follow the step by step methods posted below. I hope you will enjoy this.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp and rest for deep frying|
|Garlic, chopped||8-10 flakes|
|Cabbage, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|French beans, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Paneer, grated||1 cup|
|Red chilly sauce||2 tbsp|
|Tomato sauce||1 tbsp|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cheese (processed), grated||1/2 cup|
Ingredients for the outer dough:
|All purpose flour||1.5 cup|
|Baking powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Water||to knead the flour|
1.Keep all the ingredients ready for golden pockets. Heat the pan with oil and saute with chopped garlic. Cook for 30 seconds on medium flame.
2. Add chopped cabbage, beans and green peas. Cook the veggies on low to medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add salt, chilly sauce, tomato sauce and pepper powder. Mix it well. Add grated paneer.
4. Cook it on medium flame for 1 minute. Switch off the flame and add grated cheese. Mix it well, stuffing is ready.
5. Take the flour, salt, baking powder and oil in a bowl, mix it well. Add water and knead the flour well to make a tight dough. Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions.
6. Take one portion of the dough, dust with some flour and roll it like a chapatti using the rolling pin.
7. Put 2 teaspoon stuffing in the center of the chapatti and fold it using water to seal the joint as shown below in the image.
8. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Heat the wok with oil (oil should not be too hot) and deep fry it on very low flame till golden and crisp from all the sides.
9. If the oil is too hot you will get some bubbles on the pockets so always deep fry it on low flame.
10. I fried 3 at a time. Take out the fried pockets on the tissue paper to get rid of extra oil. Serve hot with your favorite sauce.