Dosa (crispy savory pancakes) from South India is a staple food in its home region. In the rest of the country too, Dosas are hugely popular and Udipi restaurants serving them and other South Indian foods can be found in almost every suburb! Learn how to make them with my easy recipe.
Preparation Time : 12 hours
Cooking Time :15 Minutes
|Urad dal (white urad gram)||1 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Green Peas||100 gram|
|Sabzi masala (Vegetable powder)||1 teaspoon|
For Dosa Shell :
1. Separately soak rice and urad dal at least 4 hour or overnight in water.
2.Grind to paste both rice and urad dal and Mix together.
3. While grinding Urad dal , add fenugreek to make it smooth ,Fenugreek gives viscosity to the batter.
4. Then mix water to make it batter,The consistency of the batter should be such that it thickly coats a spoon dipped in it.
5. Leave in room temperature overnight for fermentation.
6. Heat Tawa or griddle with little ghee or oil.
7. Spread the mix with the help of bowl on Tawa in circular motion to make thin Dosa (shown above).
For Filling Masala:
1. Heat oil in pan , Add mustard seed, cumin seeds, onions and green chillies.
2. Cook for 3 minutes till onions are translucent, add tomato ,Sabzi masala ,salt ,red chilli powder ,turmeric powder ,green peas and stir for few minutes.
3. Add boiled chopped potatoes and mix and cook some more Serve .
4. Add filling inside Dosa and roll. Serve hot with Chutney and Sāmbhar.