Here is the recipe of the spicy and delicious Veg Sevai that I prepared as an evening snack. I’ve shared a few sevai recipes in the past also. So what makes this one different? I’ll let you know in a moment.
I added some ingredients such as small pieces of Paneer, some Corn and the end result was a yummy bowl of awesome sevai that everyone enjoyed.
You can follow the step by step instructions along with photos of every step. I hope you are going to love this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients for Vegetable Sevai / Vermicelli:
|Sevai / Vermicelli||3/4 cup|
|Water||1 – 1/4 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Carom seeds/ ajwain||1/2 teaspoon|
|Capsicum, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Corn, boiled||3 tbsp|
|Green peas||3 tbsp|
|Potato, small cubes||2 tbsp|
|Paneer, small cubes||2 tbsp|
|Maggi Masala (optional)||1 packet|
|Green chili, Chopped||2|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Chop all the vegetables finely. Heat another pan/wok with oil and temper with carom seeds, when it starts crackling add onion. Fry it till it is translucent in color.
2. Then add tomato and capsicum. Fry for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame. Add boiled corn, green chili and peas. Cook for few more seconds.
3. Add vermicelli( sevai). Cook it on a medium flame till it is light golden in the color. ( You can roast the vermicelli in another pan with 2 tbsp oil, before adding it to the vegetables then you don’t need to roast in this step. you can just add and follow the next ingredients.)
4. Add water, salt, potato, lemon juice and paneer. Mix it well.
5. Cook covered on a medium flame till it is soft and properly cooked. (If you love the spicy one, you can add 1 sachet of maggi masala, but I didn’t add in this recipe because my child doesn’t eat the spicy one). Switch off the flame, Garnish with coriander leaves, Serve hot.