Here is how you can make your evening far more interesting by preparing these Punjabi Matri. Enjoy it with your evening Tea or serve it to your guests, or you can even store it for grabbing them for a quick bite.
These are wonderful to have stocked in the Kitchen. Follow the step by step process or preparing them at home and you are going to love it.
Preparation Time: 10-12 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Serving: 18-20 Mathri
|All purpose flour- maida||1 cup|
|Wheat flour- gehu ka atta||1/2 cup|
|Carom seeds- ajwain||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder- lal mirch||1/2 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida- hing||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds- zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Crushed black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Sieve both the flour and baking powder in a broad bowl. Add ghee, red chilly powder, cumin seeds, carom seeds, salt, asafoetida and black pepper.
2. Mix it well, Add little at a time water and knead the flour well to make the tight dough. (The dough should be tight as much as you can, so be careful while kneading the flour, add 2-3 tbsp water at a time)
3. Divide the dough into 18-20 equal portions.
4. Take one portion of the dough and press it with your palm into a round shape as shown in the image below.
5. Prick it with the fork so that it won’t puff while frying it. Heat the wok with oil and deep fry it on a low flame till golden and crisp.
6. Take out the fried Mathri on a tissue paper to absorbs extra oil. Do the same with the rest of the dough.