Poha is a Maharashtrian speciality, but if you look at the ingredients used, it is widely popular throughout India with different names. in Maharashtra, the flattened rice (Called Choora in north India) is friends with onions and other spices. this gives a spicy flavour.
You can enjoy Poha in breakfast or have it as an evening Snack. It is equally suitable for bachelors or who are living alone, as it requires very less time to prepare.
I’ve added Peanut which adds awesomeness to the already awesome recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
|Flattened Rice||2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash the flattened rice and drain the water, keep it aside.Heat the oil in a kadhai or pan and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves, when mustard seeds starts crackles add green chilli and onion. Cook the onion till translucent in the color, then add peanuts. Cook the peanuts on low flame for 4-5 minutes or till the peanuts are properly cooked.
2. Add salt and turmeric powder, and give a quick stir.
3. Add washed rice in the kadhai and mix it well. Cook for another 2-3 minute on medium flame. Serve hot.
Print Friendly Recipe:
- Flattened Rice 2 cup
- Peanut 1/2 cup
- Onion 1
- Green Chilli 3
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil 5 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a kadhai or pan and saute with mustard seeds, when it crackles add green chilli and onion. stir for 30 seconds then <g class=”gr_ gr_220 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace” id=”220″ data-gr-id=”220″>add</g> peanut. Fry it on low heat for about 5 minutes or till peanut is completely cooked.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and cook it for another 1-2 minutes.
- Wash the flattened rice and drain well. Sprinkle 5 teaspoon water on rice and add it in a wok. Mix it well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Poha is ready and <g class=”gr_ gr_159 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace” id=”159″ data-gr-id=”159″>serve</g> hot