We baked these Buns with Paneer stuffed in it and it turned out awesome. The process is almost same as Homemade buns and just the paneer filling is the additional process.
These Buns are super delicious to eat and as they are a single item and dry, they also make a perfect lunchbox recipe.
Below is the recipes of Paneer stuffed Buns with step by step instructions along with pictures. I hope you will love this one as well.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 13 Minutes
Serving: 6 (1 for each)
Ingredients for bun:
|All purpose flour/ maida||2 cup|
|Baking powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|warm water||4 tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
Ingredients for stuffing:
|Paneer, grated||200 gram|
|Ginger, grated||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
1.Take warm water in a bowl and add yeast and sugar. Don’t mix yeast-sugar mixture just cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes to get the foam appear as shown below in the image. That means yeast is active.
2. Sieve the flour in a broad bowl and add baking powder, salt, oil and yeast-sugar mixture. Mix it well. Add 3-4 tablespoon water to knead the flour. Knead the flour well to make soft and pliable dough.
3. Take the dough in a bowl and cover it with polythene or plastic bag. Keep it aside for 3 hours to get the dough double in size. You can see the difference between both the dough as shown below in the image.
4. Now prepare stuffing for bun. Heat the pan with oil and temper with cumin seeds and grated ginger. Add in onion.
5. Fry onions till translucent. Add in red chilly powder, rad chili sauce, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well and cook the spice on medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Add grated paneer in the pan and mix it well with the spices. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame and cool the stuffing at room temperature.
7. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough, give it a bowl shape, put the paneer filling in, close the open end and give it the shape of the bun using your hands.
8. Grease the baking tray/ mold with butter and put stuffed bun in the center of mold and brush it with butter. Cover it with a plastic bag and keep it aside for 10 minutes. You will notice that the bun is increased little. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 190 C and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 190 C for 10 Minutes, then bake it for 3 minutes at 200C. Take out the bun from the oven and brush it with butter. You will notice that the upper crust is little hard as it is hot, once it cools it will become soft. Enjoy this heavenly smell bun with your favorite sauce, dip or tea.