Here is the recipe of Paneer Methi Bhurji, and I am very confident that you are going to love it.
The recipe is quaite special for me. Because it is one of those rare recipes that makes it to the favourites of both me and the husband.
He loves Methi ka Saag and I can have anything that has Paneer in it. 🙂 And it is not very often we have a common favourite.
Follow the step by step process to prepare this Methi Paneer Bhurji filled with deliciousness. I am sure you are going to love it.
Preparation Time: 10- 12 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Methi / fenugreek leaves||1 bunch|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds- zeera||1 teaspoon|
|Dry red chilly (whole)- sabut lal mirch||1|
|Asafetida/ hing||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ginger- adrak||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garlic- lahsun||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dry fenugreek / kasoori methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Milk||1/ 4 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder- lal mirch||1/4 teaspoon|
|Green chilly- hari mirch||1|
1. Keep all the ingredients ready for paneer methi bhurji. Heat the pan/ wok/ kadai with oil and temper with cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, asafoetida, and broken dry red chilly.
2. When cumin seeds starting crackle add onion and green chilly. Fry the onions on a medium flame till translucent in the color.
3. Then add washed methi leaves, turmeric, salt and red chilly powder. Mix it well. Cook covered on a low flame for 6-7 minutes. Keep stirring in between the process to avoid bunrning.
4. Open the pan, add milk and dry fenugreek leaves. Saute for a few more seconds.
5. Add crumbled paneer and mix it well. Cook it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes till oil shows separately. Switch off the flame. Delicious paneer methi bhurji is ready to serve. Serve hot with puris or chapatti.