I Prepared Oats Vegetable Idli for my family, something different from regular Idli. A very healthy breakfast, a better way to start a day. They enjoyed a lot Idli with Sāmbhar and chutney. These Steamed oats cakes are classic and traditional for breakfast in many south Indian households. This Idli need not to be ferment and you can prepare in just 1 hour. It is simple, delicious and healthy for those people who are diet conscious. Oats contain more soluble fibre than any other grain, resulting in slower digestion and an extended sensation of fullness. One type of soluble fibre, beta-glucans, has proven to help lower cholesterol. I posted earlier simple rice idli version and today prepared Oats Vegetable Idli I just love it. Learn how to make vegetable Idli.
A Better way to start a day with healthy Breakfast
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Semolina/ Rava||1/2 cup|
|Curd/ Yogurt||1 cup|
|Carrots||1/2 cup chopped|
|French Beans||1/2 cup chopped|
|Baking Soda||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chana Daal/ Bengal gram lentils||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Hing/ Asafetida||a large pinch|
1. Heat the kadhai on medium heat and dry roast semolina and oats for 2-3 minutes till nice aroma comes from it. Don’t roast on high heat otherwise it will burn.
2. Grind in a blender to make oats and semolina powder.
3. Now take oats and semolina powder in a bowl, add chopped French beans, carrot, baking soda and salt.
4. Now add curd and water to make batter as shown below.
5. Heat the oil in pan and temper with Bengal gram lentils, green chilies, cumin seeds and asafetida. add this temper in batter and mix well. Now pour batter in Idli maker as shown below.
6. Cook in a Idli cooker or pressure cooker without whistle for 10 minutes. Now Idli is ready and serve hot with Sāmbhar and green chutney.