Here is my version of Luckhnawi Nawabi Biryani . It is a special dish made on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr. It is a non-vegetarian dish which is made by using liberal amount of raisins, and is called ‘ Luckhnawi Nawabi Biryani’ . Try it at home and enjoy the relishing and exquisite taste of this delectable dish.
Preparation Time : 20 Minutes
Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
|Basmati Rice||2 cup|
|Ginger||1 inch pieces|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||a small pinch|
|Pepper Corn||1/4 teaspoon|
|Saffron||a large pinch|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Green peas (boiled)||250 gram|
1. Heat oil into pressure cooker for few Minutes, Add Chopped onion , Bay leaf and Cinnamon stick, and fry till onion are golden brown.
2. Then add mutton and fry for 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. Grind ginger and garlic together .
4. Add ginger and garlic paste into cooker and fry till oil shows separately.
5 . Now Grind Cumin seeds ,clove ,Cardamom green ,cardamom brown ,nutmeg ,mace ,pepper corn.
6. Add this paste into cooker ,add red chilli powder ,coriander powder ,2 cup of water and salt .
7. Close cooker and bring to full pressure on high heat ,then slow flame and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Remove cooker from heat and allow to cool naturally.
9 .Now Mutton is Ready .
1. Heat water (2 ½ times more than the rice). As soon as it boils, add the Cumin seeds ,cardamom brown and green , cloves ,pepper corn ,bay leaf ,cinnamon stick , rice and salt to taste.
2. Cook the rice till ¾ done and then drain in the colander.
1. Take a Non stick pan ,put half quantity of semi cooked rice , then place cooked mutton on rice ,Take some more rice and spread as second layer.
2. Now 1/4 teaspoon saffron dissolved in milk , sprinkle on rice and boiled green peas .
3. Now put a plate on the pan and seal the edges with dough. Put the pan on the stove, cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
4. Then turn off the stove. Leave the stuff for 15 minutes.
5 . Mutton biryani is ready to serve.