Here is the recipe of Mushroom Spinach Kofta cooked in Tomato Gravy.
My Husband loves Mushroom, and I am okay with having it considering there is something else in there to support (or balance the flavour). So we settled on this new recipe for our Lunch.
And I loved it as much as he did, which is very rare, we rarely agree on things. Well, that is pretty common in every household.
But, the next time you are having a conflict of internet on the subject of what to cook for Lunch or Dinner, you know how to solve it.
And, in case if you want to cook this recipe, I’ve posted the step by step recipe along with photos and it’s so damnd easy. Follow along and you will love it. Enjoy.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 Minutes
Ingredients for the spinach dough:
|Chopped spinach||2 cup|
|Grated paneer||1/2 cup|
|Chopped garlic||2 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
|Wheat flour||1 tbsp|
Ingredients for Filling:
|vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Chopped mushroom||1 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Gravy:
|Clarified butter||3 tbsp|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 cup|
|Cashew paste||1/2 cup|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Spiced Cashew paste:
|Clarified butter/ ghee||2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon stick, dalchini||1 inch piece|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 teaspoon|
1. Clean and wash the spinach and mushroom.
2. Chop the spinach finely. Take the mushroom in a grinder and grind it coarsely. You can also grind the mushroom in the chopper. Keep all the ingredients ready for the spinach dough and mushroom filling.
3. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp oil and saute with chopped garlic. When the garlic are light golden in the color, add chopped spinach and salt. Cook it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes or till the water evaporates.
4. Combine the cooked spinach, wheat flour, corn flour, grated paneer in a bowl, mix it well. Knead the flour well to make a soft and smooth dough. You can add 1-2 tbsp water while kneading the dough.
5. The dough is ready, keep it aside. Now prepare the filling. Heat another wok with 1 tbsp oil. Saute with ginger-garlic paste, and green chilies. Cook it on a low flame till the ginger-garlic paste turning light golden in the color.
6. Add chopped mushroom, mix it well. Cook it on a low flame for 4-5 minutes till oil shows separately and mixture is dry. Switch off the flame.
7. Take out the cooked mushroom in a bowl, and add honey, lemon juice and salt. Mix it well, filling is ready.
8. Divide the spinach dough into 7-8 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and put 1/2 teaspoon mushroom filling in the center of the dough. Close the edges and roll it with your palm into round shape balls. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
9. Heat the wok with oil and deep fry the koftas on a low to medium flame till golden and crisp.
10. Take out the koftas on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil.
11. Heat another wok with ghee/butter and temper with the cinnamon stick and black pepper. Add ginger garlic paste, chopped tomato and salt. Cook it on a low flame till oil ghee shows separately.
12. Then add water, and let it boil for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. Switch off the flame, Starin it using the strainer. Discard the spices and tomato and keep the juice aside.
13. Take the strained juice in a grinder and add cashew nuts. Grind it to make the spiced cashew nuts paste.
14. Heat another wok with the ghee and saute with ginger-garlic paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame, then add tomato puree.
15. Cook it for 2-3 more minutes oe till ghee shows separately. Add spiced cashew nuts paste, cumin powder, red chilly powder, salt, and cinnamon powder.
16. Cook the spices on a low flame till oil shows separately. Add water in the wok, mix it well. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes.
17. Add koftas in the cook, cook covered on a low flame for 5-6 minutes. Switch off the flame, add cream. Mix it well, Delicious Kofta in tomato gravy is ready to serve, serve hot with chapatti and rice.