Here is a recipe of a Poha prepared with mixed vegetables to give you a healthy and delicious breakfast. We have earlier shared the recipe of Poha on the blog and loved it. So, I experiment with the recipe by putting some fresh vegetables to make it even more healthy.
Follow the step by step process along with photos and prepare yourself a healthy and nice breakfast. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 15- 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 Minutes
|Poha / Flattened Beaten Rice||2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dry Red chilly||2|
|Split bengal gram lentil/ Chana Dal||1 teaspoon|
|Urad dal/ Split white lentil||1 teaspoon|
|Green peas||1/4 cup|
1. Cut the carrot and potato into small pieces. Take the potato, carrot and green peas in a microwave proof dish along with a cup of water, Microwave cook for 6-7 minutes till the potato cooked properly. Drain the water, keep the veggies aside.
2. Wash the Poha, and drain the water. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt, mix it well. Keep it aside.
3. Heat another non stick wok/pan with oil and temper with mustard seeds, Chana and Urad dal. When mustard seeds starts Crackling, add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, green chilly, dry red chilly and curry leaves. Fry it for 30 seconds.
4. Add peanuts in the pan and cook it on low flame till the peanut is cooked properly and nice aroma comes from the peanuts. Add onion and cook for another 1-2 minutes till onions are translucent in the color.
5. Add cooked veggies and cashew nuts in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
6. Add turmeric powder and mix it well.
7. Add washed rice and mix it well with the veggies. Cook it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Check salt, if need add more. Delicious Mixed vegetable Poha is ready to serve, Serve hot.