I had this stuff in the morning, and I still can feel the taste as I am writing this post in the evening. Yes, it’s so good. I loved it, everyone in the family loved it.
And I am sure you will love it too.
Below, you will find the step by step preparation method of this recipe along with photos. So, it shall be easy to follow.
Go ahead, prepare this and make yourself and your family happy.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for Vegetable Cheela:
|Cabbage, grated||1/2 cup|
|Carrot, grated||1/4 cup|
|Capsicum, chopped finely||1/4 cup|
|Green chilly, chopped||2|
|Ginger, grated||1 teaspoon|
|Bread Crumbs||1/ cup|
|Chickpea flour, besan||1/2 cup|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds, saunf||1 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida, hing||1/4 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil/ ghee||for cooking the cheela|
2. In a broad bowl, add chickpea flour, bread crumbs, corn flour, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida, pepper powder and salt.
3. Add 150 ml water and mix it well. Then add chopped onion, green chili, capsicum, cabbage, carrot and ginger. Add 100 ml water and mix it well.
4. Batter consistency should be like dosa. Heat the non-stick pan and grease with oil.
5. Pour one laddle of the batter and spread it in a circular shape like dosa.
6. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon ghee on the cheela and cook covered on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
7. When the bottom surface is turning light brown, then invert it with the help of flat spatula. Cook from the another sides for 4-5 minutes till light golden spots appear. Do the same with the rest of the batter. Take out the delicious Cheela on a serving plate. Serve hot with coconut chutney.