Presenting my favorite quick meal recipe of Methi Khichdi. Most people think is is only has when some doctor suggest you to have a simple meal when you are having a bad stomach or loose motions. But you can enjoy this Methi Khichdi whenever you want. I prepare it new rice which gives it a very good taste and I am sure you are going to love it.
I also makes a nice quick meal which can be prepared within 15 minutes, So the next time you are hungry and can’t wait for long, treat yourself with this tasty methi Khichdi. Follow my easy recipe with step by step instructions.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|New Rice / Naya Chawal||1 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds / Methi dana||1 teaspoon|
|Dill leaves/ soya||1 cup chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patti||1/2 cup chopped|
1. Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Remove the thick stem part of the soya. Chop soya and coriander leaves finely as shown below in the picture.
2. Take half quantity of both the chopped leaves in a mixer and grind it along with 1/2 cup of water to make fine paste.
3. Heat oil into the pressure cooker and temper with fenugreek seeds. Add turmeric powder.
4. Now add a cup of water and let it boil. Then add soaked rice and 2 glass of water.
5. Add in ground leaves paste, salt and leftover chopped leaves. Mix it well and pressure cook it on high heat for 1 whistle, and low the flame and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
6. Methi khichdi is ready, serve hot with ghee, raita, chutney or pickle.