We have been replicating recipes of popular food joints since we started the blog few years ago, and mostly all have been received well. It’s good to learn these recipes so that you can enjoy anytime you want.
Here is the recipe of Mc Aloo Wrap, something that kids love having, but taking them to McDonald’s every other day is neither feasible nor advisable.
Having said that, you still can let them enjoy it at home whenever you want, something as a reward to get their Homework done, or being an obedient child, whatever the reason maybe, replicating Mc Aloo Wrap at home will be a nice thing to learn.
Follow the easy step by step recipe to replicate McDonalad’s Popular Mc Aloo Wrap.
Preparation Time: 25-30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients for the Wrap:
|All purpose flour||2 cup|
|Vegetable oil||3 tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1/8 teaspoon|
|Water||to knead the dough|
Ingredients for McAloo Tikki:
|Potato (boiled, peeled and mashed)||1.5 cup|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|Rice Flakes/ Poha||1/2 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Garlic, chopped||1/2 teaspoon|
|Corn flour||1/4 cup|
|Baking powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 cup|
|Red chilly sauce||3 tablespoon|
Ingredients to make the batter for dipping the Aloo tikki:
|Corn flour||1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||1/4 cup|
|Baking powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chilled water||1/2 cup to make the batter|
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Then add salt and oil Mix it well. Knead the flour with water tom make a soft dough.
2. Cover it muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. Boil potato and keep it in the freeze for 1-2 hours before using. So that it won’t break when you will be making tikkis.
3. Combine red chilly, turmeric, coriander, pepper, and cumin powder in a bowl and mix it well, spice mix is ready, we will use this spice mix in the step 6. Heat the wok with butter.
4. Add green peas and mashed potatoes in the wok.
5. Cook it on medium flame for 1 minutes. Then add washed rice flakes in the wok, mix it well.
6. Add spice mix and salt in the wok. Mix it well, Cook it on medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
7. Wrap it in thin plastic sheet as tight as you can in a cylindrical shape, close both the ends. I have tied it using a thread. Keep it in the freezer for 2 hours.
8. Combine 1/4 cup corn flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder in a bowl, mix it well and keep it aside. We will use this mixture for coating the tikkis before deep frying.
9. Combine all the ingredients given in the table” Ingredients to make the batter for dipping the Aloo tikki” in a another bowl.
10. Mix it well, there should be no lumps in the batter. Now batter is ready for coating the tikkis.
11. Now take out the potato roll from the freezer and slice it into tikkis, they should be too thin or thick. Take one tikki and use the mixture we prepared in step 8th to coat it.
12. Do it properly with all the tikkis. Now tip the coated Tikkis in the batter we prepared in step 10.
13. Then Coat the Tikki in Bread Crumbs.
14. And deep fry it on a Medium Flame till it is golden and crisp.
15. Take the dough we prepared in step 2 and make medium sized balls in equal sizes. Take one portion and make a thin Chapatti from it (as thin as you can).
16. Put it on the hot tava and cook it from both the sides. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
17. Now we have got both the Tikki and the Chapatti ready.
18. Mix mayonnaise and red chilly sauce in a bowl. Take the chapatti and spread the mayonnaise sauce.
19. Take some Onion, Cabbage and Cut one Tikki in two pieces, Put them on the Chapatti.
20. Now Roll the Chapatti, do it with each one of them.
21. You can Grill it for a minute or two using a Grill Rack or anything like that to get the effect of Mc Aloo Wrap so that it looks pretty much like it. (This is optional and won’t affect the taste in any way)