This is very easy recipe, with basmati rice and green peas. It is very mild and fragrant, and great as a side dish, or for those picky kids who don’t like their peas. Pulav tastes best with Fresh green peas rather than frozen ones.You could try adding a bit of ready-made pulao masala to give it a new flavour.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Green Peas||250 gram|
|Ginger||1/2 inch pieces|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Pepper Corn||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Soak rice in water for 15 minutes. Drain & keep aside.
2. Heat Vegetable oil into non stick kadhai for few Minutes, Add Chopped onion , Green chillies ,Cumin Seeds ,Cloves ,Bay leaf ,Cinnamon stick . stir for few minutes.
3. Grind Ginger ,Garlic ,pepper corn , cardamom green ,Cardamom brown and Cumin seeds .
4. Now add this paste into non stick kadhai ,fry till oil shows separately.
5. Now add green peas and fry for minutes.
6 . Add 1 and 1/2 Cup of water into kadhai and salt.
7. Now add Basmati rice and mix well.
8. Bring to a boil, then cover, Cook on Medium heat for 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot with Pickle and yogurt .