Here is the recipe of Khakhra, another Gujarati special you can try at home. It’s a crispy snack that can be had with either Curd or Chutney. You can also have it with your evening tea as a snack.
There are many types of Khakhra that are prepared in Gujarat, I made the simplest one to keep the recipe as simple as possible.
You can prepare this Khakhra at home by following the easy step by step recipe along with photos. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving: 15-16 Khakhra
|Wheat flour/ Atta||2 cup|
|Carom seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/2teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Combine all the ingredients mentioned above in a broad bowl, mix it well. Add water and knead the flour well to make a soft dough.
2. Cover it wet muslin cloth and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Divide the dough into 15-18 equal portions.
3. Take one portion of the dough, dust with some flour.
4. Now roll out into a very thin circle as mush as you can as shown below in the image.
5. Put it on the hot tawa and cook it on low flame till light golden spots appear from both the sides. Press it with a potato masher or simply you can press with any folded cloth(towel) so they won’t puff while cooking it. The khakhra should be crispy.
6. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Delicious and crispy khakhra is ready to serve, serve with any pickles, chutney or can have with tea.