Raw jackfruit is known for tasting and resembling in texture to non-veg and it is often called as vegetarian mutton. These kebabs taste almost like Shahi kebabs. Once you try this Kathal Ke Kebabs, you will never go for another recipe again. Once tasted, I am sure you would love to prepare this Kathal Ke Kebab for your dear ones Learn how to make kathal ke kebabs.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Kathal / Raw jackfruit (diced)||2 cup|
|Bengal Gram Split||1 cup|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper corn||1/4 teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||a small pinch|
|Mace||a small pinch|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
1. Cut the raw jackfruit into small pieces as shown below. Take the cut raw jackfruit into the pressure cooker and add Bengal gram split.
2. Now grind ginger, garlic, green chillies, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom brown, cardamom green, nutmeg, mace, pepper corn and onion together to make a fine paste. Then add this ground paste into the cooker and add red chilli powder, salt and 1 cup water.
3. Close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook it on a medium flame for one whistle then keep the flame low and cook for another 10 minutes. Switch off the flame, let the mixture cools completely.
4. Take the cooled mixture in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste. Don’t add water while grinding this mixture.
5. Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped onion and green chillies. fry it till onions are light brown. Then add this fried onion and coriander leaves into the ground paste. Mix it well. Check salt, if needs add more salt.
6. Now with the help of palm make tikis as shown below.
7. Heat the oil in a pan, fry all the tikis from both the side till light golden brown in the color. Fry few at a time. Serve hot with paratha or Chutney.